Monday, February 1, 2021

What We Must Quit is Not What’s Been Taken


What we must quit is not what’s been taken. We have had some alarming things taken from our collective soul, and from our planet, but at the same time we must know that that is no excuse to hang onto bad habits.

 

In fact I say it is indeed  now  even more urgent to shed our lives of anything that robs us of our personal and collective power. We need these to make a better world, to relieve suffering anywhere we find it, and to achieve a higher level of meaning in our lives.


So that’s why I am continuing this blog. Nobody wants to be preached to, and nobody wants to be told HOW to do anything never mind just to Do anything (with my apologies cause that’s what I’m really doing on this blog, and saying much more too…)

 

It’s a cheap shot because with a strong enough “why” we can manage any “how” … and moreover we now do and will continue to discover our own hows and techniques.

 

If you still want a “recipe” they exist on the other quit-smoking blogs. They will always be there. But I am approaching the whole subject of addiction from a wider angle.

 

We all know what pain feels like and the idea here is that when we finally get enough personal power to say PAIN IS BAD AND IT CAN AND SHOULD BE REDUCED IN THE WORLD (and maybe the reasons for it too?)…we can then make a really better world where many more of us get our needs met.

 

Because only with some evidence of progress (let’s debate what that means later) can we become truly centered, with pain and gain both in their respective spots on the eternal Wheel of life  but with All Of Us at the Center. And with all the power to all of us.

 

And with these items (things like “progress” for example…) qualified in a way that reflects our private evolution as  humans-in-community, then to that extent we are on the way to a better life-position. It is the only “heaven” we need. The opposite of this “heaven” is best reflected in Art…Johnny Cash for one says it so eloquently! (Please look up the song on You Tube)

I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that’s real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything

What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar’s chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here

What have I become

My sweetest friend

Everyone I know

Goes away in the end

And you could have it all

My empire of dirt

I will let you down

I will make you hurt

If I could start again

A million miles away

I would keep myself

I would find a way…

Johnny Cash

**********************************************************************************

This song is about the personal feeling of failure as reflected in loneliness and the loneliness of failure itself. And it all goes with a lessening of personal power. And I say that the paradox of a growing self- knowledge always reveals ourselves to be actually MORE present (responsible, vulnerable) in our loneliest moments.

We see all our weaknesses then. We see it all, our co dependencies, our personal “surrenders” to imprisoning kinds of things. All of it.

Sad.  So eloquently said and so true.

And so I also must say that the Beautiful Quitters of this world…really do “get” it….  In spite of all their own continuing personal and collective sorrows, they know what continues to be taken from us as a human body and human race and planetary collective and so willingly or not they see what the “game” of Life  really is.

But they have also learned and keep learning how to live more authentically and powerfully in the face of “it”!

Join us!

Talk to me at: Averayugen@mail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can CBD Oil Help Quitters?

A keynote study was conducted in 2013 by researchers at University  College London, investigating the influence of inhaled CBD oil, if  any...